How to treat Nerve root pain?
For relief from Nerve root pain:
- Take rest.
- Have hot fomentation with any pain relieving ointment on low back musculature.
- Perform exercise for back muscles and manual therapy for release of muscle spasm.
- For electrotherapy on pain - IFT, TENS and ULTRASOUND.
- For pain in tender areas- myofascial release, core strengthening exercises for the back muscles.
Postural advices to avoid straining of the back etc.
This article has been authored by Dr. Ridwana Sanam in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are the author's own and do not reflect the views of GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Please note that no part of this website content is intended as medical advice. Kindly visit your doctor for diagnosis and medical advice for your knee problems/pain.
1. Textbook of Orthopedics by J Maheshwari
2. Therapeutics Exercise- Foundations and techniques by Carolyn Kisner and Lynn Allen Colby
3. Muscle testing and Function with posture and Pain by Florence Peterson Kendall