What is Trapezitis?
Trapezitis is defined as an inflammatory pain arising from the trapezius muscle causing severe neck spasm. Trapezius is a large muscle that extends from edge of the skull to upper back area which helps in the movements of the shoulders such as shrugging and the upward movement of the head.
- Incorrect or poor posture
- Prolong activity involving trapezius muscle
- Weakness of trapezius muscle due to lack of physical fitness
- Breastfeeding with shoulder bent forward
- Playing violin, piano, backpacking, bike riding, or other activities which heavily rely on the trapezius muscle
- Pain and stiffness is episodic and stays for 3-5 days at a stretch
- Radiating pain towards forearm
- Muscle spasm and stiffness