Learn How Iodex UltraGel Can Help You Relieve Pain
Don’t let aches and pains stop you from enjoying life to the fullest. Find out how Iodex UltraGel’s strength targets a frequent cause of pain and inflammation, to get you moving freely again. It has a triple effect1 that relieves pain, reduces inflammation and speeds your body’s natural healing process. What’s more? Thanks to its special Emulgel formulation2 which not only helps in easy application at the site of pain but also increases the absorption of the active ingredient through the skin, tissues and muscles. Iodex UltraGel’s Emulgel formulation allows it to permeate the skin 7 times deeper3 thus treating pain at its root and providing relief. That’s all clinically proven!
What makes Iodex UltraGel so special is that it not only relieves pain, it also reduces inflammation and speeds healing targeted to where you apply it! All geared to getting you moving again.
Iodex UltraGel is a medicated treatment containing a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug, or NSAID, known as diclofenac diethylamine in the form of an emulsion gel. The active ingredient (diclofenac) penetrates the skin to provide relief for pain, inflammation and swelling.
Unlike other products in the market which contain ingredients that stimulate nerves in the skin to provide a sensation of heating or cooling, Iodex UltraGel instead allows a powerful anti-inflammatory (diclofenac) to penetrate the skin deep down in order to relieve pain and reduce inflammation where you need it.
Are you ready for the best part? Iodex UltraGel is non-greasy and has a pleasant odour. This way, you can relieve your pain without much hassle. No one needs to see, or smell, how you are managing your pain, letting you be in the moment with whatever activity it is you love doing.
What is Emulgel anyway?
Emulgel is a technology developed for the Iodex UltraGel formulation. It is an emulsion that penetrates deep into the skin and joint tissue to bring the active ingredient to the point of pain. In addition, Emulgel technology uses a unique combination of a gel and cream that provides a cooling and soothing effect when applied to the skin.
Iodex UltraGel uses the same formulation as its global counterparts like Voltaren and Voltarol. It is available in 15 g and 30 g tubes in case you have re-occurring pains or strains.
We believe that pain relief should be simple and easy to use. That’s why using Iodex UltraGel couldn’t be easier.
- Take the tube and open the cap.
- Squeeze out the amount of gel you need. The amount of gel needed will vary depending upon the size of the painful or swollen area. An amount ranging in size from a cherry to a walnut (2 g-4 g) will usually be sufficient.
- Gently rub the gel into your skin where you have pain or swelling.
- Apply 3 to 4 times a day. Do not apply more than 4 times in any 24-hour period.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after use.
- Experience pain relief and get back to doing the things you love.
Consult your doctor if pain and swelling do not improve within 7 days. The gel is not recommended for use in children under 12 years of age. Always read the label.
Iodex UltraGel contains 11.6mg/g of active ingredient diclofenac diethylamine, which is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID).
Side effects: Always read the indications on the label before use. Side effects may include skin rash with or without blisters; hives, wheezing, shortness of breath or feeling of tightness in the chest (asthma); swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat; itching or reddening of the skin; and the skin may be more sensitive to the sunlight.
As with any drug, never exceed the recommended dose. We want to make sure that you are getting the best from Iodex. Read through the precautions to make sure that Iodex UltraGel is right for you before use.
Should I wash my hands after using Iodex UltraGel?
After application, the hands should be wiped with e.g. an absorbent paper (not wet wipes) and then washed (unless the pain you are treating is in your hands). The absorbent paper should be thrown in the trash after use. Wait until Iodex UltraGel dries before showering or bathing.
Can I use Iodex UltraGel while pregnant?
The use of Iodex UltraGel containing the non-steroidal inflammatory drug (NSAID) diclofenac, has not been studied in pregnant women. Iodex UltraGel should only be used under medical advice during the first 6 months of pregnancy and the dose should be kept as low and duration of treatment as short as possible.
Do not use if you are in the last 3 months of pregnancy.
Can you take Iodex UltraGel when breastfeeding?
With topical medicated products like Iodex UltraGel, where the product is applied to the skin, it is not known whether diclofenac is excreted in breast milk. Therefore, it is not recommended to use these products while breastfeeding, unless advised by a doctor or healthcare professional. If your doctor recommends using Iodex topical products, they should not be applied to the breasts or to large areas of skin, nor should they be used for a prolonged period of time.
When shouldn’t I use Iodex UltraGel?
- If you are allergic to diclofenac or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines used to treat pain, fever or inflammation, such as ibuprofen or aspirin, or any of the other ingredients contained in this medicine. If you are not sure, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- Symptoms of an allergic reaction to these medicines may include: wheezing or shortness of breath (asthma); skin rash with blisters or hives; swelling of the face or tongue; runny nose.
- If you are in the last 3 months of pregnancy
- If you are under 12 years of age
- Do not apply to skin with conditions such as cuts, open wounds, or on skin that has a rash or eczema. Discontinue the treatment if a skin rash develops after applying the product.
- A brace or wrap commonly used for injuries like sprains can be used but do not use under airtight or watertight (plastic) bandages.
If you have any other health conditions or you are taking any other medications, including those that do not require a prescription, always ask your doctor if Iodex UltraGel is suitable for you.
In addition, before you start using Iodex UltraGel carefully read the product information leaflet included in the pack for instructions on how to use.
Health and wellness and your pain
Pain is rarely just physical nor is it always solved by taking medicine alone. Iodex is your ally in helping you take more control of your pain management, from the best sleeping position, to what you eat, mental wellbeing and complementary pain relief therapies.