Also known as insoles, orthotics can help correct biomechanical misalignments in your feet where they exist. Such misalignments can affect how you walk, run, or stand.6 They can be an effective ankle and foot pain remedy. There are two main types of orthotics:7
- First are orthotics that can be purchased over the counter at your pharmacy. Some can be purchased off the shelf, whereas others are recommended by shape or type based on a foot scan performed at the store. These may be suitable if you are of average height and weight, and have generic foot pain, such as arch soreness.
- Custom prescription orthotics, on the other hand, are measured and ordered for you by a healthcare professional following a thorough medical examination and history.
- Stretches and strengthening exercises
Daily foot and ankle stretches can help alleviate foot and ankle pain as well as prevent future discomfort or injury. All they require is a small commitment on your part to set aside time every day for this foot and ankle pain home remedy. Ailments like flat feet or plantar fasciitis benefit from foot stretches. In the case of plantar fasciitis, stretching your feet before you get out of bed in the morning can lessen some of that first-thing-in-the-morning tenderness.
One of the best exercises for foot health: walking!8 That’s because walking puts your foot through its full range of motion. Of course, do what you can. So, lace up your runners and go for a walk around the block. Added bonus: aerobic exercise can get your mood-boosting endorphins pumping, too.9 Side effect: smiling a lot.
Iodex products for foot and ankle pain relief
Well, here’s some good news. You can use Iodex for ankle pain to get you back moving with joy again. Iodex products for ankle pain treatment include:
- Iodex UltraGel
- Iodex Rapid Action Pain Relief Spray
- Iodex Multi-Purpose Pain Relief Balm